Top Picks for Healthy Holiday Treats
Here are some of the healthy foods you can freely indulge over holidays without harming your precious teeth, according to experts.
Enjoy a handful of cheese this holiday. Cheese has lower pH levels and it is also an antibacterial, which makes your mouth a less acidic setting when you consume them. Cheese is a good source of calcium, a mineral that your teeth needs the most, so go for that extra slice of cheddar.
Having some veggies on your plate is one of the healthiest things you can do this Christmas. Fibrous and crunchy vegetables such as celery and carrots act like natural toothbrushes. They are like tiny, delicious scrubbers that burst with vitamins and nutrients when you munch them. They may not be as sweet as candies or cookies, but they can be the sweetest treats for your teeth.
If you love eating turkey meals and, at the same time, care for your teeth, this is the best food for you this holiday. Turkey is a protein food packed with phosphorous. Together with calcium, protein foods such as turkey can build strong teeth. Moreover, eating an extra piece of protein before digging into sweet treats can help you consume less sugary foods.
How to Stay Cavity-free During Holidays
- Enjoy all foods this holiday in moderation, particularly all types of cookies, candies, and cakes. The best time to eat these foods is around mealtime.
- Avoid using your teeth to crack nuts or open a package. Use the right tools for such activities.
- Chew sugar-free gum or rinse with water when you are done with your holiday snacking. This can increase salivary flow and wash away the acids and sugar substance that lingers on your mouth.
- Don’t forget to brush and floss your teeth amidst the fun and celebration. Don’t let dental pain ruin your enjoyment, so keep your mouth clean.
- Be sure to visit your dentist before the busy week of holidays. This helps to ensure healthy teeth and gums. In addition, your dentist can provide useful tips on how to avoid a dental emergency during holidays.
Holiday Dental Visit with your Trusted Melbourne Dentist
Avoid dental emergencies during this special month of the year. By eating the suggested healthy treats above, you will not only keep your teeth strong and healthy, you can also keep your waistline in check. For more oral health tips this holiday, visit your Melbourne dentist at Q1 Dental. It’s almost the end of the year! Don’t forget to take advantage of your dental benefits and visit us for your routine check-up this December. Happy holidays from your dental partners at Q1 Dental!
Our Q1 Dental practice is conveniently located within St Kilda Road Towers at 1 Queens Road in the heart of the St Kilda road Business precinct. We are close to public transport and only minutes from Melbourne CBD.
For Medibank Private, HCF and CBHS, claim your PAY NO GAP OFFER on check-up and clean. Bulk Bill Child Benefit Schedule Up to $1,000. FREE Consultation on Dental Implants, Teeth Whitening and Orthodontics. To know more about dental offers,
call us on (03) 9078 1955 or book your appointment online.